NOLA Veggie Fest

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I wish I was going to New Orleans for my birthday this weekend! I would love to attend the 2nd Annual NOLA Veggie Fest. Plus New Orleans is just a fun town!  I have never seen anything like this where I live near Baltimore, MD . I know Chicago, another one of my favorite cities, has a big Veggie Fest too!


The annual NOLA Veggie Fest promotes vegan and vegetarian food choices. The health benefits of a plant-based diet are well known. The Fest educates how these diet choices benefit the environment and about the cruelty of factory farms, the source of most animal products. Nola Veggie Fest will offer a variety of delicious food samples (Yum!) and also educational materials.  Bonus: One of my favorite organic and vegetarian companies, Amy's Kitchen is going to be there!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Shannon, Check with the Humane Society headquarters in Washington DC. They may be able to tell if there is a local veggie fest in the works.

Shannon Brennan said...

Good call! There is a Veg Fest in DC! Unfortunately, I already have plans for that day :-(

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts

Healthy Mommy Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino