I just ordered two of these Klean Kanteen Sets for my girls to replace all of our plastic sippy cups. I am so tired of trying to find the matching lids, straws, valves etc for all the different sippy cups we have. My girls fight over who gets what color, and I worry about toxic chemicals from the plastics leaching into their drinks or directly onto their skin. I am hoping, once these arrive, to completely do away with all their other cups. I know a lot of parents, who avoid plastics, give their little ones mason jars to drink from, but that would turn into a disaster at our house. My kids can't seem to go ten feet without dropping their cups or sitting them down on something unstable like our white sofa.
I really love the Active Pink (above) and may get the adult version for myself if I like these bottles as much as I think I will. My daughters chose the Solar Yellow and the Prevention Purple for themselves.
The sets we ordered come with both the sippy lids and the sport bottle caps, so they will grow with my girls. Klean Kanteen has so many great colors and styles from which to choose. The ones pictured above are just a small sampling. The even do baby bottles. Plus, I really appreciated being able to purchase high quality, healthy, green products from a company that is truly devoted to doing what's best for their customers' health, their employees and suppliers, and our environment.
FROM WWW.KLEANKANTEEN.COM HERE ARE THE OTHER FEATURES THAT HELPED ME DECIDE ON THESE PARTICULAR BOTTLES:
- Free of BPA, phthalates and other toxins
- 100% recyclable and eco-friendly
- Made of 18/8, food-grade stainless steel, no liner needed
- Doesn't retain or impart flavors
- Slim design fits most bottle/cup holders
- Rounded corners are easy to clean with no hard angles where dirt, germs or bacteria can stick
- Stainless steel threads
- Fits large ice cubes
- Includes one Avent™ spout and dome lid
- Cap & spouts are made of BPA-free polypropylene (pp#5)
- Dishwasher safe (colored bottles should be hand-washed)
- All parts can be boiled for sterilization
- Capacity: 12 fluid ounces (355 ml)
- Weight: 3.75 ounces (w/o cap)
- Size: 5” H (w/o cap) x 2.75” W
- Opening diameter: 1.75" (44 mm)